WEMW 2023 will organise the second edition of the EAVE Slate. This innovative programme, run in close partnership with EAVE, will select up to 8 companies that are developing a slate of A/V works and will offer them consultancies on how to build a successful company slate and strategic company planning, together with business-to-business exchanges with key players from different industry sectors.
The programme combines the EAVE group work method with a series of plenary sessions and individual consultancies focusing on strategic company planning, potential risk evaluation and company diversification. The main goal is to define realistic short-, mid- and long-term strategies for their companies and how to pick the right projects to include in their company slates.
Selected teams will have tailor-made curated meetings with a series of WEMW Business Angels, and will receive advice on co-production, financing, marketing and distribution, according to the primary needs of their slates.
– European production companies are eligible to apply
– Companies must have at least 5 years of existence
– Companies must have produced and released at least 3 feature length films (anny genre including documentary)
– The majority of projects included in the slate should have at least one regional/national/supranational development support in place (excluding deferrals, own investment or tax incentive schemes)
– Companies must include at least 2 different formats in their proposed slate (e.g. Animation / children films / shorts / fiction / series / doc / genre films…)
– we encourage applicants to apply with a slate of at least 6 and max 9 projects that can be in different stages of development (early, advanced, financing, etc). At least 2 of the projects should be in advanced development.
All applications must include:
– complete online application form
– financing plans for each project
– company and slate strategy
– motivation statement expressing why you want to participate and what you wish to get out of it.
DATES & LOCATIONS
The EAVE Slate will take place on site, in Trieste (Italy), during WEMW.
It will start on 21. January and will end on 23. January 2023.
All participants selected will be granted physical access to the market venue.
In case of selection, the participation fee is € 400 EUR, including accreditation, tuition fee, two lunches and access to the on-site WEMW programme.
Travel costs and accommodation are not included.
* The participation fee for the EAVE Slate will be waived for all possible Ukrainian selected participants
DEADLINE & SUBMISSION FORM
Extended deadline: 25 November, 2022
Fee: EUR 400
To apply please click here: https://vp.eventival.com/trieste/wemw2023