Call for entries
WEMW is a co-production forum designed to bring together decision makers, financiers and 20 selected producers with a project in development from EASTERN EUROPE*, ITALY and the English speaking countries: UK, IRELAND and NORTH AMERICA.
We are looking for feature films for theatrical release or TV documentaries in development stage suitable for international co-production. Only for the 2015 edition WEMW will select projects from Eastern Europe (preferably with a connection either with Italy or the English speaking countries), Italy (preferably with a connection either with the English speaking countries or Eastern Europe) and the English speaking countries (preferably with a connection either with Italy or Eastern Europe).
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 6, 2014
All applications must include:
- complete application form in word format >> DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
- approx. 5 – 8 page treatment / exposé in English
- extimated total budget and financing plan
- including visual material (teaser of the project or clips of previous works of the director) is highly recommended
All documents must be sent via email within November 6, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
SELECTION & AWARD
The WEMW international selection committee will evaluate the potential of the treatment, international dimension of the project, directors’ profile, producers’ CV and company track record. Selected projects will be announced in early December and producers will be invited to Trieste. All selected projects/producers will compete for the WEMW Development Award, the EAVE scholarship and the brand new EGG Digital Cinema Award.
WEMW is organized by the FVG AUDIOVISUAL FUND, together with the TRIESTE FILM FESTIVAL, in collaboration with EAVE, Maia Workshops, Antenna MEDIA Torino, EURIMAGES, and with the support of the MEDIA Programme, MiBACT – Direzione Cinema, CEI -(Central European Initiative) and the Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia.
* Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine